Have you been concerned that your cat may have a bladder problem? Wondering what you can do to help? Prescription Diet c/d® Multicare Feline Bladder Health is a pet food designed to specifically help maintain a healthy bladder. Dry and wet food is available.
Diet plays a huge role in your cat’s overall health. When your cat is having a particular health issue you can turn to Prescription Diet foods made by Hills Pet. Prescription Diet foods can only be purchased at a Veterinarian’s office. You should consult with your vet about the possibility of feeding your cat Prescription Diet. Go to Hills Pet online to locate a veterinarian that sells Prescription Diet.
Warning Signs of a Potential Bladder Problem in Cats
- Urinating outside of the litter box or urinating in odd locations
- Frequent attempts to urinate without much urine elimination
- Straining to urinate
- Restlessness, listlessness, or hiding behavior
- Increased or excessive licking of the urinary opening
Many bladder problems are caused by too many dietary minerals, which can form into bladder stones. The minerals crystallize in the bladder and can cause blockages or pain while urinating.
Bladder Benefits of Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Bladder Health
Controlled amounts of minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and oxalate. Cats do need these minerals, but in proper amounts to avoid bladder problems.
Additional potassium citrate and vitamin B6 helps prevent bladder stone formation.
- Fish oil helps give your cat healthy skin and coat
- Low sodium helps prevent blood pressure problems
- Anti-oxidants – vitamin E and Beta-Carotene – help promote the immune system